SBA 8(a) Program Fraud Defense Attorneys & Qui Tam Defense Lawyers
Protecting your rights if you are accused of 8a small business fraud or any type of federal procurement fraud including SBA 8(a), HUBZone or other programs.
The Department of Justice (DOJ OIG), Inspector General (IG), and the Small Business Administration (SBA) have developed increased oversight efforts in SBA 8a Program fraud cases for stopping small business fraud in the SBA 8a program. Not all activities are per se fraudulent. Government procurement fraud schemes allegations have increased in the past 12 years.
Sometimes small businesses and larger government contractors are subjected to whistleblower and SBA fraud investigations and ultimately charged and indicted for criminal government fraud.
Get help defeating the government’s case against your company and avoid costly legal mistakes made by traditional criminal attorneys without federal procurement experience. There is where companies and individuals should not gamble with the traditional corporate attorney or criminal law attorneys that do not understand federal government procurement law.
Lawyers for SBA 8(a) Fraud Cases & Government Contractor Fraud Attorney Services
Having experienced government contractor fraud attorneys is critical. Watson & Associates defense attorneys can help with:
- SBA 8a Program and government small business federal fraud allegations;
- SBA procurement fraud cases and defense in HUBZone Program fraud
- SBA small business fraud investigation for small businesses charged with government contract fraud violations;
- False Claims Act investigations by DOJ OIG
- Procurement Integrity Act
- Conspiracy, wire fraud and associated SBA fraud cases
- SBA procurement fraud schemes
- Whistleblower defense
- Wire fraud and mail fraud assistance when charged with defrauding SBA small business programs
- Procurement Integrity Act
- Small business subcontracting plan disputes
- Suspension and Debarment
- Representation for large or small businesses
SBA Small Business Fraud in the 8a Program, SDVOSB and HUBZone Programs
The SBA oversees a variety of small business programs. The main two small business programs where government contractors face false claims charges for government procurement and SBA fraud are the 8(a) Program and the SBA HUBZone Certification Program. Due to Qui Tam whistleblower actions, even contracting officers find themselves reporting a business for bad practices. At Watson & Associates, LLC our government SBA small business fraud lawyers provide legal defense services for federal government contractors in all states.
Note: Common traps for small business 8a fraud occur when companies enter into teaming agreements or joint venture arrangements where both companies misrepresent material information to the SBA or contracting agency. Our business contract fraud attorneys can help companies to take proactive measures or provide a legal defense when the government makes fraud allegations.
Our federal procurement fraud defense lawyers help with a variety of small business fraud issues including the following:
- SBA 8a Program defense contractor fraud – Small businesses in the 8a Program face a myriad of legal challenges. They can range from providing false statements to the government during the 8a certification process; pass-through scheme practices, to providing fraudulent information in order to get federal contracts either by sole source or the 8a set-aside programs. Whether you are an 8a construction company subject to fraud under the False Claims Act or some other theme of procurement fraud for avoiding the 8a certification requirements, an SBA small business fraud attorney at the Watson Law Firm can help with DOJ OIG investigations. We are familiar with the various SBA regulations such as 13 CFR 124, 13 CFR 121 and other SBA regulations. See information about hiring criminal defense attorneys for cases involving government contracts.
- SBA HUBZone fraud defense contractor and SBA loan fraud. Similar to SBA 8a Program fraud, small businesses in the HUBZone Program are equally exposed to criminal charges for wire fraud, providing a false statement to the government in order to get SBA status; failure to comply with employee residency requirements, and other attempts to defraud the federal government. See information about Davis Bacon Act Wages.
- SDVOSB fraud: Contracting officers often suspect that companies certified under the service-disabled veteran program may have committed procurement fraud by submitting false invoices, violating the limitations on subcontracting rules or simply conducting pass-through contracts. At Watson & Associates, our government procurement fraud attorneys help with government investigations and defense representation.
- When companies are facing criminal charges for HUBZone fraud, they should seek legal advice from an attorney that really understands the government small business programs. Our lawyers are familiar with the requirements of 13 CFR 126, 13 CFR 125, and other HUBZone certification regulations. Call Watson & Associates’ contractor criminal defense attorneys for immediate help. See 6 Things Contractors Should Be Aware of in Qui Tam Lawsuits & False Claims Act Lawsuits.
SBA 8(a) Program Qui Tam & False Claims Act Defense Lawyers
Oftentimes, small businesses find themselves facing criminal and civil false claims charges through a Qui Tam lawsuit. This can be problematic in that government investigations take a while and sometimes whistleblower cases are filed under seal and the contractor does not know. At Watson & Associates, our Qui Tam defense lawyers help small businesses defend against fraud under the SBA 8(a) program and False Claims Act violations against the federal government. We also help 8(a) companies to defend against Buy American Act Violations. See information about false claims retaliation.
Government Contract Fraud Attorneys – SBA Program Mail Fraud & Wire Fraud Defense Lawyers
DOJ OIG Mail and Wire Fraud Investigations. Once defense contractors are charged with some level of government procurement fraud (from a whistleblower or other actions), the government can strategically move forward with additional counts of mail fraud, pass-through procurement fraud schemes and/or wire fraud. Whether you provide facilities support, supplies, equipment, repairs, construction or technical services, our government small business fraud lawyers can provide aggressive representation.
Defending the rights of federal government contractors accused of mail and wire fraud: When defense contractors are facing criminal charges or civil charges for government procurement fraud, the government attorneys look at detailed facts and reports submitted by agency investigations and other evidence provided. Federal laws such as 18 USC 1341 and 18 USC 1343 are dangerous federal statutes that allow the government or pursue mail and wire fraud. However, government contractors have legal defenses that can offset the intended outcome of either a criminal case or federal case. At Watson & Associates, our defense wire fraud lawyers will assemble a solid defense team to aggressively defend your case.
Defending the rights of federal government contractors accused of Federal False Claims Act violations: The Federal False Claims Act is another federal statute where federal government contractors find themselves facing criminal charges or civil penalties for alleged SBA small business fraud violations. Whether the legal issues arise from employees that report small business activity, faulty invoices, actions from subcontractors or providing defective products, our government small business fraud lawyers can help. Watson & Associates also helps small SDVOSB companies with fraud cases involving VA contracts.
Contact Watson’s SBA 8a Small Business Procurement Fraud Defense Attorneys
To schedule a free consultation with our experienced SBA 8a program procurement, debarment of government contractors and SBA fraud cases attorneys, call Watson & Associates, LLC today at 866-601-5518.